This job posting is no longer active.
Property Name: Pfister Hotel
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States
Requisition #: 2400000O
Assistant Director of Human Resources
Assisting the Area Director of Human Resources, this role is vital in positive associate & union relations and champions training the team to the next level of exceptional guest service. You will assist overseeing the daily HR operations for multiple business units for Marcus Hotels and Resorts including The Pfister Hotel, Mason Street Grill, Safehouse Milwaukee, Wisconsin Hospitality Linen Service, Marcus Reservation and Customer Care Center and the Milwaukee Market concept. In addition, you will assist with serve as an excellent resource and business partner to the management team.
Step into history at The Pfister Hotel, an iconic Milwaukee landmark since 1893 and a proud member of Marcus Hotels & Resorts. We're not just any hotel; we're the epitome of excellence in Milwaukee and the entire Midwest! With 130 years of tradition, we're known for our impeccable style and unrivaled service. Oh, and did we mention we've proudly held the prestigious AAA Four Diamond status for an incredible 47 years? Only 11 properties in all of North America can boast this achievement since the program began in 1976. Join our team at The Pfister Hotel, part of Marcus Hotels & Resorts, and be part of this extraordinary legacy!
What you will be doing:
· Manage associate relations by focusing on coaching, developing, and celebrating recognition.
· Educate associates on policies and benefits and assist managers with associate matters.
· Assist the Area Director of Human Resources in conducting internal investigations; maintain accurate and complete records of investigation; develop solutions to resolve issue(s)
· Develop and maintain good rapport with union representatives and union stewards.
· Monitor Workers Compensation process and procedure
· Oversee the recruitment lifecycle for all management roles.
· Actively participate in the delivery and coordination of Associate Engagement Survey including all follow up action plans
· Assist with facilitating Marcus Hotels & Resorts training to ensure we are providing guests with exceptional experiences.
· Partner with management and finance to develop and monitor the department’s budget. Keep a pulse on the competitors’ compensation and benefits and associate satisfaction to meet and exceed business goals.
What you will bring to the role:
· Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field or equivalent work experience
· At least 3 years in a human resources management position required
· Bi-lingual communication strongly preferred
· Union experience preferred.
· Ability to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism and maintain confidentiality.
· PeopleSoft and/or Taleo Enterprise experience helpful.
· A free, well-balanced meal every shift
· Room discounts at Marcus Hotels & Resorts and Historic Hotels of America properties
· Discounts at Marcus Hotels & Resorts restaurants, golfing, skiing and spa
· Discounted parking
· Paid time off
· Medical, dental and vision insurance (offered after 30 days of employment), company-paid life insurance, employee assistance program offer and 401k with employer match
Who we are:
A division of The Marcus Corporation, Marcus Hotels & Resorts has a rich 60 year history of operational and service excellence. We are “People Pleasing People” who strive daily to create extraordinary experiences for guests and associates alike. Focused on expanding our U.S. based portfolio of 15 hotels and resorts, our properties are known for their unique character and style.
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
The Pfister Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.