Property Name: Cornhusker Hotel
Location: Lincoln, NE, United States
Requisition #: 24000013
Create memorable experiences for our guests as a Dishwasher at the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel. We only hire those who are at the top of their game and specialize in the details! Guests tell us that they love to visit our property, as a place to connect, celebrate and be inspired! Our teams deliver magic, day in and day out.
Come be a part of history at this Nebraska Landmark! Part of Milwaukee based Marcus Hotels & Resorts, the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel in downtown Lincoln has been serving Nebraska's capital city for nearly 90 years and has evolved as the benchmark for hospitality.
What will you be doing?
· Properly fill and maintain dish machine according to manufacturer's standards. Maintain cleanliness standards of machine according to health department guidelines. Receive, scrape, rinse, and rack dishes and utensils.
· Unload dish machine, stack, store, and return dishes and utensils to proper area of kitchen. Empty garbage cans in dish area and throughout kitchen as needed.
· Maintain dish area including floors, walls, and counter areas within the prescribed standards of the hotel and health department guidelines. Sweep and mop floors in dish room and kitchen. Clean and dry floors to avoid slip/fall accidents and replace floor mats.
· Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
· Handle cleaning chemicals according to prescribed safety standards. Practice good safety habits with chemicals, wet floors and other slip and fall hazards throughout kitchen.
· Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures and Marriott Standards.
· Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
What you will bring to the role?
· No prior experience required. Basic English communication skills preferred.
· Ability to tolerate varied working conditions. Work area may be humid and wet. Temperatures sufficient to cause bodily discomfort are possible in dish area.
· Work is conducted in different areas of kitchen that may have high noise levels from machines, conversations, and other background sounds. Frequent interruptions are likely.
· Must be able to lift, push, pull and or carry up to 75 lbs. and/or transport material weighing 150 pounds through crowded area.
· Must be able to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and the ability to work under pressure.
· Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
What is in it for you?
· Free well-balanced meal per shift
· Discounts on room rates, dining, golfing, skiing, and spa at Marcus Hotels & Resorts and Marriott worldwide locations
· Free parking
· "Two for one" movie theater coupons at Marcus Theatres
· Career growth opportunities with ability to transfer between properties
· Paid vacation days, annual wage increases, and additional benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, employee assistance program, and retirement benefits, recognition programs, and unlimited employee referral bonus
About Marcus Hotels & Resorts
A division of The Marcus Corporation, Marcus Hotels & Resorts has a rich 60-year history of operational and service excellence. We are “People Pleasing People” who strive daily to create extraordinary experiences for guests and associates alike. Focused on expanding our U.S. based portfolio of 15 hotels and resorts, our properties are known for their unique character and style.
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel/Miller Time Pub & Grill and Marcus Hotels & Resorts are an Equal Opportunity Employer.