This job posting is no longer active.
Property Name: Miller Time Pub Lincoln
Location: Lincoln, NE, United States
Requisition #: 230003X0
Miller Time Pub and Grill Bartender-PT
Create memorable experiences for our guests as a Miller Time Pub and Grill Bartender at the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel. We only hire those who are at the top of their game and specialize in the details! Guests tell us that they love to visit our property, as a place to connect, celebrate and be inspired! Our teams deliver magic, day in and day out.
Come be a part of history at this Nebraska Landmark! Part of Milwaukee based Marcus Hotels & Resorts, the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel in downtown Lincoln has been serving Nebraska's capital city for nearly 90 years and has evolved as the benchmark for hospitality.
What will you be doing?
· Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis including requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws, stirrers, condiments, and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet.
· Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, proper storing and labeling of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to ensure product quality.
· Greet Guests in a courteous and friendly manner and promote and document orders for drinks.
Mix, garnish, and present drinks using provided ingredient recipes and practice prudent portion control.
· Input orders into the Point of Sale System creating a check for each Guest and associate to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
· Assist and provide service to all Guests sitting at the bar and assist service of tables if needed.
· Lock up and store all beverages, food, and other equipment items.
· Perform general cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards
· Must adhere to all State, Federal, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to ensure all laws are being followed.
What you will bring to the role?
· Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service levels for a high volume restaurant.
· Must have high level of knowledge for spirits and beer. Must be able to recite trendy liquors, create new drinks, and have a good understanding of wine.
· Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnishes, pick up glassware and bottles, use a corkscrew, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
· Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
· Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
· 1-2 years of bartending experience required.
· Must have a flexible schedule which includes days, evenings and weekends with the ability to work all game days.
· Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate.
What is in it for you?
· Free well-balanced meal per shift
· Discounts on room rates, dining, golfing, skiing, and spa at Marcus Hotels & Resorts and Marriott worldwide locations
· Free parking
· "Two for one" movie theater coupons at Marcus Theatres
· Career growth opportunities with ability to transfer between properties
· Paid vacation days, annual wage increases, and additional benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, employee assistance program, and retirement benefits, recognition programs, and unlimited employee referral bonus
About Marcus Hotels & Resorts
A division of The Marcus Corporation, Marcus Hotels & Resorts has a rich 60-year history of operational and service excellence. We are “People Pleasing People” who strive daily to create extraordinary experiences for guests and associates alike. Focused on expanding our U.S. based portfolio of 15 hotels and resorts, our properties are known for their unique character and style.
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel/Miller Time Pub & Grill and Marcus Hotels & Resorts are an Equal Opportunity Employer.