Join our team of passionate hospitality professionals at the new Watermill Kitchen & Bar, nestled in the heart of the vibrant Iowa River Landing district. A culinary haven awaits its next leader – to help introduce a harmonious fusion of elevated Midwestern cuisine and fresh, local ingredients. As a captivating addition to the renowned Hyatt Regency Coralville, Watermill Kitchen + Bar beckons with its inventive culinary offerings, meticulously curated beverage selection, and an ambiance that redefines modern dining.
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for the overall training, supervision and teamwork with all culinary staff at the new Watermill Kitchen + Bar. Prepare, cook, create, and present food according to recipes for quality food products with staff. Assist in the control of food, labor, and departmental expenses. Will oversee all food operations in the absence of Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, including, and not limited to Banquets, Restaurant, Purchasing, Stewarding, Room Service and all other outlets.
Perks of the Property:
We offer the following a wide array of benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Competitive and robust Compensation Package
- Matching 401k & Profit Sharing Options
- Bonus Plan
- Insurance benefits after 30 days of full-time employment
- Emphasis on healthy culture and work/life balance
- Multitude of associate discounts for Hyatt and Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties
- Free Marcus Theaters movie tickets
- Free & Discounted Meals/Starbucks
- Free Parking
As our Chef de Cuisine, you would:
- Be responsible for and supervise daily line operations.
- Prepare all food items for buffet and restaurant use according to recipe specifications.
- Visually inspects appearance of all food for proper taste, color combination, and overall presentation to maintain appeal.
- Supervise all assigned staff including training, counseling, and discipline.
- Ensures proper ordering, receiving, and storage of all food items in refrigerators, freezers, and dry food storage to maintain product freshness.
- Properly rotate food products in order to keep spoilage and waste to a minimum.
- Ensure that all equipment in work area is properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Perform other duties as required, e.g., special orders/buffet presentations.
- Schedule appropriate number of staff according to daily needs of restaurant functions and weekly forecasts.
We are looking for our next amazing property leader, who will have:
- Thorough working knowledge of hot and cold food preparations.
- Good working knowledge of accepted safety and sanitation standards.
- Extensive experience with slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts, and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes, and communicate with other associates.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, togs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces within extreme temperature ranges.
- High school diploma preferred. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in a supervisory and management position in a similar size operation. 2-3 years as a Chef and/or Chef de Cuisine, and lead cook prior to management required.
- Ability to be a trusted team leader with the passion and skills to mentor culinarians.
- Conduct regular inventory audits to identify items that are underutilized or close to their expiration dates and categorize these items to understand which can be transformed into specials.
We will verify through E-Verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
Marcus Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.