This job posting is no longer active.
Property Name: Timber Ridge Lodge
Location: Lake Geneva, WI, United States
Requisition #: 2400002Y
If you desire to put your experience to work in a full-service AAA Four Diamond resort setting while making an impact to the benefit of your team, ownership, and community, the perfect career opportunity awaits.
We are in search of a Smokey’s Supervisor AM to join our Timber team at our Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
Tucked within historic Lake Geneva, Timber Ridge Lodge at Grand Geneva Resort is the only all-season, all-suite, destination of its kind in the Midwest. Featuring 50,000 square feet of year-round, indoor/outdoor waterpark excitement, Timber Ridge Lodge is a family bonding adventure that’s soaked in memories. The Grand Geneva is also home to two championship golf courses, WELL Spa and fitness center, Mountain Top Ski Park, award-winning restaurants, and 1300 acres of picturesque grounds.
Our Team is looking for People Pleasing individuals who want to do the following:
· Turn our guest’s ordinary day into an extraordinary day ✨
· Love where they work ✨
· Be appreciated for what they bring to a team ✨
· Learn and grow with a company who truly values it’s people ✨
What’s in it for you?
About the role
Lead a timberrific team as a Smokey’s Restaurant Supervisor: Daily supervision of Smokey’s and Hungry Moose staff. Maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room/food court to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
What will you be doing?
· Ability to perform all dining room positions including server, server assistant, and host.
· Open and close restaurant. Supervise staff in absence of Restaurant Manager.
· Assist with on-going training to ensure standards are being met.
· Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
· Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperature, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
· Maintain profitability of outlet to support hotel operations. Control payroll and equipment costs. Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, and retrieving supplies.
· Utilize POS system to accurately charge customers, and ensure timeliness of food and beverage.
· Directing and coordinating the activities of all assigned associates and departmental responsibilities in the restaurant.
· Supporting hotel policies and procedures.
· Maintain house bank.
· Ensure appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, and appearance are maintained.
· Full knowledge and participation in the hotel's Fire, Safety, Security, and Environmental plan and/or committees.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Supervise all service personnel including counseling and discipline, to maintain service standards.
· Maintain proper set-up of dining room and enforce uniform and grooming standards of all service personnel on a daily basis
· Conduct daily “shift” meetings to keep staff informed of current promotions, daily specials, guest comments, daily events and pertinent memos.
· Ensure all staff has completed daily checklists.
· Set-up and expedite all daily banquet functions.
· Read and follow recipes as they pertain to menu production.
What do you bring to the role?
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Previous restaurant experience preferred
· Any previous education, training or experience in Food and Beverage supervision
· Knowledge of Food and Beverage operations, to include appropriate staffing levels, service equipment and guest relations
· Ability to communicate and fully comprehend guest requests, memos, and banquet event orders
· Ability to work entire shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen areas.
· Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English language, to understand internal documents, reports and to interact effectively with guests and employees.
· Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve.
WARNING: must be prepared to be a part of guest memories for years to come!
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.