Property Name: Grand Geneva Resort
Location: Lake Geneva, WI, United States
Requisition #: 2400003S
If you desire to put your experience to work in a full-service AAA Four Diamond resort setting while making an impact to the benefit of your team, ownership, and community, the perfect career opportunity awaits.
We are in search of a Group Sales Manager to join our Grand team at our 1,300 acre Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Recognized as a Top Resort in the Midwest by Conde Nast Traveler, this award-winning, all-seasons destination features over 746 guest accommodations, the WELL Spa & Salon, two championship golf courses, fitness facilities, a ski hill and terrain park, and 9 unique food and beverage outlets.
The Grand Geneva Resort is part of Milwaukee based Marcus Hotels & Resorts. A division of The Marcus Corporation, Marcus Hotels & Resorts has a rich history of operational and service excellence. We are “People Pleasing People” who strive daily to create extraordinary experiences for guests and associates alike. Focused on expanding our U.S. based portfolio of 15 hotels and resorts, our properties are known for their unique character and style.
Our Team is looking for People Pleasing individuals who want to do the following:
· Turn our guest’s ordinary day into an extraordinary day ✨
· Love where they work ✨
· Be appreciated for what they bring to a team ✨
· Learn and grow with a company who truly values it’s people ✨
What’s in it for you?
About the role
Join our Sales team as our new Group Sales Manager: capable of skillfully merchandising guest rooms, function space, and food / beverage to maximize revenue potential while ensuring clients have the best event possible.
What will you be doing?
· To achieve quarterly booking goals.
· To prospect, solicit, and book meeting and events.
· Active involvement in industry associations and trade shows.
· Provide excellent, consistent, personal service to clients prior to, during, and with follow up after each event.
· To personally greet on-site contact to assure all needs are met.
· To be familiar with hotel banquet capacities, along with banquet, restaurant, front desk, and housekeeping procedures to sell and service accurately.
· Meet or exceed weekly sales goals for telephone solicitation, site inspections, luncheons, and personal call.
What do you bring to the role?
· 2+ year experience in catering, sales, or convention services experience.
· Resort sales experience highly desired.
· Experience in booking Regional and National Associations programs
· Experience in proactive selling.
· Working knowledge of banquets and F/B.
· Experience in Chicago and Milwaukee markets preferred.
· Delphi experience helpful.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Degree in hotel/restaurant/hospitality/event planning preferred but not required.
· Professional demeanor/presentation a must.
WARNING: must be prepared to be a part of guest memories for years to come!
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.