If you desire to put your experience to work in a full-service AAA Four Diamond resort setting while making an impact to the benefit of your team, ownership, and community, the perfect career opportunity awaits.
We are in search of a Banquet Captain to join our Grand team at our 1,300 acre Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Recognized as a Top Resort in the Midwest by Conde Nast Traveler, this award-winning, all-seasons destination features over 746 guest accommodations, the WELL Spa & Salon, two championship golf courses, fitness facilities, a ski hill and terrain park, and 9 unique food and beverage outlets.
Our Team is looking for People Pleasing individuals who want to do the following:
· Turn our guest’s ordinary day into an extraordinary day ✨
· Love where they work ✨
· Be appreciated for what they bring to a team ✨
· Learn and grow with a company who truly values it’s people ✨
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible Scheduling
- Free meals every shift made by our talented culinary team
- Paid time off
- Golf, Ski, Restaurant & Spa discounts
- Hotel room discounts as low as $49 per night
- WELL Spa Gym membership for $16 per paycheck
- Advancement opportunities across the property and US
- Friendly work atmosphere
- Holiday, jury duty, & bereavement pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life insurance, employee assistance program and additional retirement benefits
- Recognition programs (aka get paid to celebrate)
About the role
Lead with confidence as a Banquet Supervisor: Help manage, administer and control the smooth, friendly and efficient operation of the Banquet Department.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure we are maintaining a high level of service with all guests.
- Advise, and keep in close contact with the Banquet Manager at all times on a daily basis. The Supervisor will check with the Banquet Manager for any changes or special needs that pertain to the events/functions.
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Manager.
- Assign duties, stations and partners if needed
- Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of both the front of the house and the back of the house.
- Assume the responsibility of all functions beginning on time.
- Ensure that the all trays, buffets, plates, food, bars, and any other appearances standards are met and exceeded.
- Responsible for inputting information into computer and ‘ringing’ all guest checks accurately.
- Ensure that the room is set correctly and that all staff scheduled for the event are present, and communicate any staff shortages to the Manager.
- Maintain open communication with the kitchen stewarding & beverage staff as far as special requests, times, food, cover counts and equipment are concerned.
- Introduce themselves to the event contact so that the contact has a hotel event representative she will be comfortable with going to, in case of changes or special request.
- All equipment to be taken to the proper location directly after completion of event.
- Ensure that all food is taken back to the banquet kitchen immediately following the event.
- Handle and correct all areas of opportunities that may arise to ensure that all guests expectations are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that all servers are utilizing ‘down time’ wisely per specific duties.
- Ensure that Banquet Event Order requirements are fulfilled within the room as pertains to creative table presentation, food items, door signs, cleanliness, order and quality of service and food product, service standards of staff and cleanliness of the area before and after the event.
- Responsible for the training of service associates and assisted by Banquet Management.
- All functions that do not require a Supervisor will be assigned a point server. This will be indicated on the BEO as the first name listed among all the servers listed. The Supervisor will be responsible for supervising all point servers on their shift.
- Ensure that all paperwork needed by other departments is turned in on a timely basis ie; function report, signed banquet checks, consumption reports, equipment requisitions, food requisitions.
- Responsible for completing opening and closing duties as assigned by Banquet Management. Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) To include removing all safety hazards, following company’s HSHA, and OSHA programs and safe lifting techniques.
- Any other duties, responsibilities, or tasks deemed necessary by Management of the Grand Geneva, in order to achieve and maintain a four diamond resort.
What do you bring to the role?
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the require knowledge, skill and ability. High school diploma preferred.
- Prior hospitality and cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certification
- To take and pass all training provided and required by the banquet department to complete daily operational job duties. This is to include but not limited to Marcus Connect, Bartenders License, etc.
- All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges and understand portion sizes as relating to pricing.
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate banquet meal counts, shortage of food, shortage of equipment.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficient to understand menus and special request, and effectively communicate with the guest tableside.
- Ability to organize tasks and other associates in activities pertaining to efficient production of work. working environment/physical activities:
- Physical activities include walking, talking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, stretching, seeing, lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying.
- The ability to lift and carry objects such as tray weighing up to 40 lbs.
- The ability to push objects weighing up to 200 lbs.
- The ability to remain calm under stress. Fast paced work area with considerable noise and frequent interruptions. Work area may be confining.
- The ability to work outside in reasonable weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk for considerable distances.
WARNING: must be prepared to be a part of guest memories for years to come!
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.