If you desire to put your experience to work in a full-service AAA Four Diamond resort setting while making an impact to the benefit of your team, ownership, and community, the perfect career opportunity awaits.
We are in search of a Golf Cart Attendant to join our Grand team at our 1,300 acre Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Recognized as a Top Resort in the Midwest by Conde Nast Traveler, this award-winning, all-seasons destination features over 746 guest accommodations, the WELL Spa & Salon, two championship golf courses, fitness facilities, a ski hill and terrain park, and 9 unique food and beverage outlets.
Our Team is looking for People Pleasing individuals who want to do the following:
· Turn our guest’s ordinary day into an extraordinary day ✨
· Love where they work ✨
· Be appreciated for what they bring to a team ✨
· Learn and grow with a company who truly values it’s people ✨
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible Scheduling
- Free meals every shift made by our talented culinary team
- Golf, Ski, Restaurant & Spa discounts
- Hotel room discounts as low as $49 per night
- Advancement opportunities across the property and US
- Friendly work atmosphere
- Recognition programs (aka get paid to celebrate)
About the role
Zoom toward delivering that great customer experience as a Golf Cart Attendant! Work closely with Supervisors and Management to provide an extraordinary experience for members and guests.
What will you be doing?
· Work with Professional Staff in daily golf preparation.
- Oversee bag room organization and cleanliness.
- Work with Bell Staff in the transferring of guest’s and their equipment.
- Transport and store golf cars from the storage area to golf shop for the day’s play.
- Transport golf carts to storage area, wash, and charge cars for the following day.
- Responsible for appearance and cleanliness of golf cars including preparing carts for play, routine maintenance and record keeping.
- Ensure cleanliness of golf car storage area.
- Assist guests with clubs.
- Assist with outing setup.
- Valet park cars as requested.
- Responsible for appearance and stocking of stations at practice range (This will include special preparations for outings and golf schools and clinics).
- Pick range balls as needed.
- Setup and breakdown of all range stations each day based on play activity.
- Responsible for picking up and cleaning practice balls.
- Communicate with golf shop.
- Monitor pace of play (this will include the use of the GPS system)
- Assist guests on the course and explain the use of the GPS system.
- Explain the course markings, pace of play, location of drinking water and restrooms.
- Check supplies on course and restrooms.
- Control the pace at which players tee off.
- Assist grounds with ball marks, divots and bunkers.
- Greet all players on the 1st tee.
- Record golf car numbers and starting times on starter sheets for fore reservations.
- Assist with daily golf operations as directed by Professional Staff.
- Assist course rangers and starters, range attendant, pro shop staff, and tournament coordinator.
- Responsive to guests’ by communicating their needs and issues to appropriate departments in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Maintains a neat, clean, organized, safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What do you bring to the role?
· Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Good organizational, communicational and record keeping skills.
- Must work well both with others and independently and be a team player.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Requires high contact with all types of guests or clients.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must have ability to safely operate a golf cart.
- Will require standing for long periods of time.
- Golf knowledge and service experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
WARNING: must be prepared to be a part of guest memories for years to come!
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.