Property Name: Hilton Milwaukee
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States
Requisition #: 24000058
Salary Estimate: 70,000
Are you driven to work for the most recognized name in the hospitality industry? If you strive to grow your career at the largest hotel in the downtown area, the Hilton Milwaukee City Center is the place for you. Our property and brand pride itself on continuous innovation through our approach to world-class service, upscale amenities and superior style.
The Executive Sous Chef will train, supervise, and work with all chefs' staff in order to prepare, cook, create, and present food according to hotel standard recipes for quality food products. This position will also manage our stewarding department, to include scheduling, ordering of chemicals, daily assignments, and cleaning projects.
What will you be doing?
· Schedules culinary and stewarding staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
· Select, train, and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items.
· Ensures proper ordering, receiving, storage (including temperature-setting) usage and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
· Assists Executive Chef with menu tastings for hotel events.
· Adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
· Prepare all food items according to recipe specifications.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
What do you bring to the role?
· A High school education is preferred. Apprenticeship, post-secondary school, or equivalent work experience is beneficial.
· Managerial and production experience is required in a similar hotel or resort.
· 3-5 years in management of high-volume production of hot and cold food, associate dining, upscale restaurants, and multiple outlet operations.
· Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes, and proper preparation.
· Must have knowledge of food and labor cost controls and the calculation of these controls.
What’s in it for you?
· A free well-balanced meal each shift
· Medical, dental, vision, life insurance available after 30 days of employment
· Free downtown parking
· Begin earning PTO immediately
· Discounts at Hilton Properties and Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties.
· Discounts at Marcus Hotels & Resorts cafes, bars, restaurants and lounges - not to mention, great deals on golfing, skiing and spa
· “Two for one” movie theater coupons at Marcus Theatres
· Ability to grow your career, and transfer from one property to another while maintaining your service with the company
Hilton Milwaukee City Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.