Property Name: Mason Street Grill at Pfister
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States
Requisition #: 2400005D
Mason Street Grill is searching for an Assistant General Manager who thrives off of the fast-paced environment and will serve exceptional experiences to our guests. In this role you will assist in training, supervising, and actively maintaining Mason Street Grill’s high standards of quality.
Mason Street Grill in downtown Milwaukee has become a local favorite for delicious steak, great hand-crafted cocktails, and jazz music. In addition to great food and drinks - we also have exceptional service you can't find anywhere else. At Mason Street, we want to serve experiences. Whether it's the upbeat aromas, the background sounds of live music, or the taste of a refreshing cocktail after a long day at work, we want to make sure that our guests' time spent with us will bring them back again and again.
What you will be doing:
· Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet. Organize and conduct pre-shift and monthly departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes. Schedule and direct staff in their work assignment.
· Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
· Maintain profitability of outlet to support hotel operations. Control payroll and equipment costs. Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies.
· Utilize POS computer to accurately charge customers and revenue reports. Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures using complex series of keypunches to program system.
· Implementing and maintaining housekeeping, sanitation and cleanliness standards in all areas.
· Maintaining a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics, and self-image with yourself as well as subordinates.
· Administering sales promotions programs and employee sales incentive programs.
· Ensuring the highest quality of food and beverage, and service related to the operation.
· Maintaining an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement
· Assessing and reviewing the job performance of subordinates, and maintaining records of assigned employees according to policy
· Ensuring 100% table visits with guests.
What we are looking for:
· Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage operations and preparation techniques.
· Mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statement.
· Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve.
· High school diploma required. College degree not required but equal work experience required.
· Position requires 2 years previous Food & Beverage and supervisory experience.
· A free, well-balanced meal every shift
· Room discounts at Marcus Hotels & Resorts and Historic Hotels of America properties
· Discounts at Marcus Hotels & Resorts restaurants, golfing, skiing and spa
· Discounted parking
· Paid time off
· Medical, dental and vision insurance (offered after 30 days of employment), company-paid life insurance, employee assistance program offer and 401k with employer match
Mason Street Grill is an equal opportunity employer.