Assistant Restaurant Manager
Join our team of passionate hospitality professionals at the new Watermill Kitchen & Bar, nestled in the heart of the vibrant Iowa River Landing district. A culinary haven awaits its next leader – to help introduce a harmonious fusion of elevated Midwestern cuisine and fresh, local ingredients. As a captivating addition to the renowned Hyatt Regency Coralville, Watermill Kitchen + Bar beckons with its inventive culinary offerings, meticulously curated beverage selection, and an ambiance that redefines modern dining.
Purpose of the Position:
To assist in the effective leadership and direction of restaurant operations in reference to quality, service, supervision of associates, quality and consistency of food production, cost control, and inventory.
Perks of the Property:
We offer the following a wide array of benefits, including, but not limited to:
· Competitive and robust Compensation Package
· Matching 401k & Profit Sharing Options
· Bonus Plan
· Insurance benefits after 30 days of full-time employment
· Emphasis on healthy culture and work/life balance
· Multitude of associate discounts for Hyatt and Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties
· Free Marcus Theaters movie tickets
· Free & Discounted Meals/Starbucks
· Free Parking
As our Assistant Restaurant Manager, you would:
- Assists Restaurant Manager to interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline restaurant staff for the efficient operation of each outlet.
- Assists to organize and conduct pre-shift meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
- Direct staff in their work assignment, and utilize on-going training techniques.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services.
- Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
- Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions.
- Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Verify temperature, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality.
- Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Maintain profitability of outlet to support hotel operations.
- Control payroll and equipment costs.
- Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies.
- Utilize POS system to accurately charge customers, track revenue reports and ensure timeliness of food and beverage.
- Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures using complex series of keypunches to program system.
- Implementing and maintaining hotel housekeeping, sanitation and cleanliness standards in all areas of the hotel.
- Maintain house bank.
- Maintain relationship with other departments in hotel.
- Maintain relationship with vendors.
- Ability to maintain full floor coverage of outlets by ensuring knowledge of all properties.
- Track all menu abstracts for all outlets. Update as needed.
- Track tip distribution.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics, and self-image with yourself as well as subordinates.
- Administer sales promotion programs and employee sales incentive programs.
- Know the competition and keeping current with industry trends
- Direct and coordinating the activities of all assigned personnel and departmental responsibilities in the outlets.
- Ensure the highest quality of food and beverage, and service related to the operation.
- Staff the outlets, meeting departmental responsibilities
- Maintain an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement
- Implement and supporting hotel policies and procedures
- Assess and reviewing the job performance of subordinates, and maintaining records of assigned employees according to policy
- Daily tracking of emails, Q times, post shift, payroll and administrative duties.
- Implement and direct monthly Training seminars to highlight needed skills.
- Monthly track EYES, and Market Matrix.
- Implement and maintain monthly Par sheets for all Outlets.
- Calculate all Purchase Orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned and serve as a back-up to the Restaurant Manager when they are not on property.
We are looking for our next amazing property leader, who will have:
- Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage operations and preparation techniques.
- Knowledge of Beverage operations and wines.
- Mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statement.
- Ability to work entire shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen areas.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English language, to understand internal documents, reports and to interact effectively with guests and employees.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve
- High school diploma required. College degree not required but equal work experience equality.
- Position requires 2 years-previous Food & Beverage and supervisory experience.
- Additional language ability preferred.
- High level of expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and touch screen P.O.S systems.
We will verify through E-Verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
Marcus Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.