This job posting is no longer active.
Property Name: Grand Geneva Resort
Location: Lake Geneva, WI, United States
Requisition #: 2300018U
If you desire to put your experience to work in a full-service AAA Four Diamond resort setting while making an impact to the benefit of your team, ownership, and community, the perfect career opportunity awaits.
We are in search of an Events Manager to join our Grand team at our 1,300 acre Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Recognized as a Top Resort in the Midwest by Conde Nast Traveler, this award-winning, all-seasons destination features over 746 guest accommodations, the WELL Spa & Salon, two championship golf courses, fitness facilities, a ski hill and terrain park, and 9 unique food and beverage outlets.
The Grand Geneva Resort is part of Milwaukee based Marcus Hotels & Resorts. A division of The Marcus Corporation, Marcus Hotels & Resorts has a rich history of operational and service excellence. We are “People Pleasing People” who strive daily to create extraordinary experiences for guests and associates alike. Focused on expanding our U.S. based portfolio of 15 hotels and resorts, our properties are known for their unique character and style.
Our Team is looking for People Pleasing individuals who want to do the following:
· Turn our guest’s ordinary day into an extraordinary day ✨
· Love where they work ✨
· Be appreciated for what they bring to a team ✨
· Learn and grow with a company who truly values it’s people ✨
Grandtastic Perks are waiting for you
About the role
Directly accountable for the coordination and servicing of all meetings and social events. This will be accomplished only by proper use of training programs, communication methods and following the standards set by our hotels leadership.
What will you be doing?
· Coordination of all meetings and social events.
· Responsible for all guest responses in his/her area and establishes action plans to improve service levels.
· Maintain high personal guest contact via telephone and in-person. This is to include periodic visits to guests holding functions at the property.
· Responsible with the Banquet Manager to establish service standards.
· Organize and conduct pre-convention meetings for groups in the hotel that warrant such.
· Respond to individual guest needs, inquiries and/or complaints as they occur.
· Ability to run Banquet floor as needed for additional coverage.
· Create special events in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
· Ensure guest satisfaction by timely follow up correspondence.
· Adhere and support hotel and corporate policy and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
What do you bring to the role?
· Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school. College degree preferred.
· At least two years previous catering and/or hospitality sales management experience at a property of similar size and/or quality.
· Strong multiple ' project management skills.
· Previous Salesforce experience preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
WARNING: must be prepared to be a part of guest memories for years to come!
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.