Property Name: Cornhusker Hotel
Location: Lincoln, NE, United States
Requisition #: 2400006I
Banquet Set-Up Part Time
Create memorable experiences for our guests as a Banquet Set-up team member at the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel. We only hire those who are at the top of their game and specialize in the details! Guests tell us that they love to visit our property, as a place to connect, celebrate and be inspired! Our teams deliver magic, day in and day out.
Come be a part of history at this Nebraska Landmark! Part of Milwaukee based Marcus Hotels & Resorts, the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel in downtown Lincoln has been serving Nebraska's capital city for nearly 90 years and has evolved as the benchmark for hospitality.
What will you be doing?
· Assist in the maintenance and coordination of banquet rooms by providing necessary set-up, upkeep, breakdown, and cleaning for the hotel banquet space
· Assist in serving as needed.
· Read and understand set-up requirements and Event Orders (EO).
· Organize, control and restock linen room and supplies.
· Attend all scheduled mandatory Banquet Department meetings, trainings and hotel meetings.
· Maintain standards of quality and service according to Marcus Hotels and Resorts and Marriott standards.
· Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
What you will bring to the role?
· Must be able to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays, game days and the ability to work under pressure.
· Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or carry 100 lbs.
· Knowledge of appropriate table settings and proper set-up as well as have basic knowledge of food and beverage service standards.
· Must be detail-orientated, able to multi-task, produce high quality and accurate work as well as show professionalism in all facets of the workplace.
· Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner at all times
What is in it for you?
· Free well-balanced meal per shift
· Discounts on room rates, dining, golfing, skiing, and spa at Marcus Hotels & Resorts and Marriott worldwide locations
· Free parking
· "Two for one" movie theater coupons at Marcus Theatres
· Career growth opportunities with ability to transfer between properties
· Paid vacation days, annual wage increases, and additional benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, employee assistance program, and retirement benefits, recognition programs, and unlimited employee referral bonus
About Marcus Hotels & Resorts
A division of The Marcus Corporation, Marcus Hotels & Resorts has a rich 60-year history of operational and service excellence. We are “People Pleasing People” who strive daily to create extraordinary experiences for guests and associates alike. Focused on expanding our U.S. based portfolio of 15 hotels and resorts, our properties are known for their unique character and style.
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel/Miller Time Pub & Grill and Marcus Hotels & Resorts are an Equal Opportunity Employer.