If you desire to put your experience to work in a full-service AAA Four Diamond resort setting while making an impact to the benefit of your team, ownership, and community, the perfect career opportunity awaits.
We are in search of a Banquet Cook to join our Grand team at our 1,300 acre Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Recognized as a Top Resort in the Midwest by Conde Nast Traveler, this award-winning, all-seasons destination features over 746 guest accommodations, the WELL Spa & Salon, two championship golf courses, fitness facilities, a ski hill and terrain park, and 9 unique food and beverage outlets.
Our Team is looking for People Pleasing individuals who want to do the following:
· Turn our guest’s ordinary day into an extraordinary day
· Love where they work
· Be appreciated for what they bring to a team
· Learn and grow with a company who truly values it’s people
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible Scheduling
- Free meals every shift made by our talented culinary team
- Paid time off
- Golf, Ski, Restaurant & Spa discounts
- Hotel room discounts as low as $49 per night
- WELL Spa Gym membership for $16 per paycheck
- Advancement opportunities across the property and US
- Friendly work atmosphere
- Holiday, jury duty, & bereavement pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life insurance, employee assistance program and additional retirement benefits
- Recognition programs (aka get paid to celebrate)
About the role
Bring your culinary expertise to our Banquets team and play a pivotal role in events such as Weddings, Corporate Luncheons, and more!
What will you be doing?
- Read and follow recipes as they pertain to menu production.
- Memorize all production specifications, food presentations, and cooking methods pertinent to menu production.
- Recognize/fabricate all products pertinent to menu production.
- Cook all menu items to guest specifications with regards to temperature, etc.
- Properly label, date, and store all prepared food as well as raw ingredients and food orders.
- Assist others in workload management as time allows.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain a sanitary environment consistent with the standards of chef and local health department.
- Recognize fluctuations in volume of business, and maintain station accordingly.
- Maintain consciousness of portion sizes consistent with production specifications.
- Recognize and react to product spoilage.
- Maintain a clean and presentable uniform/appearance.
- Communicate any needs, deficiencies, or outages to chef/supervisor.
- Accept verbal direction from chef/supervisor regarding changes, special needs, quantity of production, etc.
- Organize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Complete station set up, including necessary equipment, in a timely manner and assist team members as time allows.
- Prepare portions of Staff Meal for Employee Cafeteria.
- Close kitchen shifts in the manner set forth by chef/supervisor.
What do you bring to the role?
- Someone who is passionate about people and travel
- Willing to work weekends
- LOVES meeting new people and interacting with guests
- Has reliable transportation to and from work
- Past experience in hotels and customer service a plus
- Enjoys proactively using their creativity to personalize the guest experience
WARNING: must be prepared to be a part of guest memories for years to come!
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.