If you desire to put your experience to work in a full-service AAA Four Diamond resort setting while making an impact to the benefit of your team, ownership, and community, the perfect career opportunity awaits.
We are in search of a Sous Chef to join our Timber team at our Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
Tucked within historic Lake Geneva, Timber Ridge Lodge at Grand Geneva Resort is the only all-season, all-suite, destination of its kind in the Midwest. Featuring 50,000 square feet of year-round, indoor/outdoor waterpark excitement, Timber Ridge Lodge is a family bonding adventure that’s soaked in memories. The Grand Geneva is also home to two championship golf courses, WELL Spa and fitness center, Mountain Top Ski Park, award-winning restaurants, and 1300 acres of picturesque grounds.
Our Team is looking for People Pleasing individuals who want to do the following:
· Turn our guest’s ordinary day into an extraordinary day ✨
· Love where they work ✨
· Be appreciated for what they bring to a team ✨
· Learn and grow with a company who truly values it’s people ✨
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible Scheduling
- Free meals every shift made by our talented culinary team
- Paid time off
- Golf, Ski, Restaurant & Spa discounts
- Hotel room discounts as low as $49 per night
- WELL Spa Gym membership for $16 per paycheck
- Advancement opportunities across the property and US
- Friendly work atmosphere
- Holiday, jury duty, & bereavement pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life insurance, employee assistance program and additional retirement benefits
- Recognition programs (aka get paid to celebrate)
About the role
We would love for you to join our growing team at Timber Ridge as our new Sous Chef: Continually evolve all outlet menus and the skills of the staff members as required to produce. Maintenance of food and labor costs, and continual enforcement of set standards. Direct communication with sales and operations teams in order to continually exceed client standards. Direct management of all culinary and stewarding staff.
What will you be doing?
- Perform all functions of the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
- Assist in the interview, hire, train, supervise, schedule, and participate in activities of chefs, cooks, and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking, and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecast needs.
- Assist in the continual evolution menu items for all outlets based on current trends and product availability. Interact directly with clients for necessary special event planning, budgeting, and desired event execution.
- Provide all materials/information necessary for line staff to succeed i.e. Menu Specifications, Recipes, Production Schedules
- Develop, grow and maintain vendor relationships.
- Oversee and confirm quality of all food leaving the kitchen, react as necessary
- Ensure the maintenance sanitation and cleanliness standards of the kitchen
- Provide an employee schedule recognizing volume requirements for increased/decreased staffing levels/ensure that minimum staffing requirements are met
- Purchasing according to need based on volume
- Employee discipline/action as the need arises
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations regarding food sanitation and safety.
- Report any necessary equipment maintenance to engineering for repair
- Performs other functions as necessary i.e. VIP planning, Preconference Meetings, Staff Meetings
What do you bring to the role?
- Must demonstrate a skill set superior to that of all culinary employees
- Able to react positively to fast paced work environment and high pressure situations.
- Able to communicate effectively with supervisors and team members both in culinary and exterior departments of the hotel (specifically stewarding and service staffs).
- Able to create and lead in a team orientated environment.
- Able to read client orders, special requests, etc. from Micros printer in English.
- Willing to accept verbal direction from the dining room, or exterior departments
- Able to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor in all situations, especially those pertaining to client satisfaction.
- Have thorough knowledge of equipment and food products utilized on a daily basis.
- Be able to work long hours in a high stress work environment
- Comfortable degree of dexterity for knife handling, prep work, etc.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
WARNING: must be prepared to be a part of guest memories for years to come!
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.