If you desire to put your experience to work in a full-service AAA Four Diamond resort setting while making an impact to the benefit of your team, ownership, and community, the perfect career opportunity awaits.
We are in search of a Resort Ops Supervisor to join our Grand team at our 1,300 acre Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Recognized as a Top Resort in the Midwest by Conde Nast Traveler, this award-winning, all-seasons destination features over 746 guest accommodations, the WELL Spa & Salon, two championship golf courses, fitness facilities, a ski hill and terrain park, and 9 unique food and beverage outlets.
The Grand Geneva Resort is part of Milwaukee based Marcus Hotels & Resorts. A division of The Marcus Corporation, Marcus Hotels & Resorts has a rich history of operational and service excellence. We are “People Pleasing People” who strive daily to create extraordinary experiences for guests and associates alike. Focused on expanding our U.S. based portfolio of 15 hotels and resorts, our properties are known for their unique character and style.
Our Team is looking for People Pleasing individuals who want to do the following:
· Turn our guest’s ordinary day into an extraordinary day ✨
· Love where they work ✨
· Be appreciated for what they bring to a team ✨
· Learn and grow with a company who truly values it’s people ✨
What’s in it for you?
- Free meals every shift made by our talented culinary team
- Paid time off
- Golf, Ski, Restaurant & Spa discounts
- Hotel room discounts as low as $49 per night
- WELL Spa Gym membership for $16 per paycheck
- Advancement opportunities across the property and US
- Friendly work atmosphere
- Holiday, jury duty, & bereavement pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life insurance, employee assistance program and additional retirement benefits
- Recognition programs (aka get paid to celebrate)
About the role
Lead a grand team as a Resort Operations Supervisor: Provide managerial support, training and leadership for the restaurant & rooms operations, and rotate between Food & Beverage and Rooms Operations as needed.
What will you be doing?
- Execute restaurant operations including food and beverage promotions, customer service and inventories
- Lead the Front of the House staff in training the following: restaurant standards, wine service and customer service
- Performs Front Desk responsibilities to include greeting guests, performing guest transactions, answering the telephone, processing individual reservations, balancing credit card and cash transactions, and taking accurate messages for guests and management.
- Responsible for a working knowledge of the property management system (Opera) and all point of sales systems (Micros)
- Monitor the performance of outlet service staff. Supervision duties include; delegating responsibilities, scheduling, coaching and correcting, evaluating, interviewing, training and mentoring of staff
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Attends meetings during shifts.
- Must be able to take confrontation from guests and associates while following/enforcing Grand Geneva policies.
- Performs daily tasks including preparation of daily forecast, supervising daily adherence of all State, Federal, and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages and food controls.
- Monitors front desk areas for safety, security, and appearance and reports any injuries, accidents or problems as necessary.
- Work with housekeeping/maintenance to asses room status
- Responsible for accurate cash control to include keeping cash drawer at a minimum and ensuring that all funds are accounted for and deposits made according to policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What do you bring to the role?
- Passionate about hospitality and is customer driven
- Professional Demeanor
- Knowledge of Food & Beverage preparation
- Ability to maintain composure and remain pleasant under high pressure situations
- Ability to work independently, has good judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to develop camaraderie with team members
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Bartender's certificate required. Must be at least 18 years old to serve or pour alcohol.
- Must have knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Act ethically and honestly in all business practices and builds professional relationships by promoting mutual trust.
- Must be cooperative, willing to assist others, dependable, trustworthy and patient.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands, and reach for more than half of the normal work day; Must work well under pressure.
WARNING: must be prepared to be a part of guest memories for years to come!
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.