This job posting is no longer active.
Property Name: Grand Geneva Resort
Location: Lake Geneva, WI, United States
Requisition #: 240000AH
If you desire to put your years of leadership skills and experience to work in a full-service AAA Four Diamond resort setting while making an impact to the benefit of your team, ownership, and community, the perfect career opportunity awaits.
We are in search of a Brissago Chef to oversee the operations of Garde Manger at our 1,300 acre Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Recognized as a Top Resort in the Midwest by Conde Nast Traveler, this award-winning, all-seasons destination features over 746 guest accommodations, the WELL Spa & Salon, two championship golf courses, fitness facilities, a ski hill and terrain park, and 9 unique food and beverage outlets.
The Grand Geneva Resort is part of Milwaukee based Marcus Hotels & Resorts. A division of The Marcus Corporation, Marcus Hotels & Resorts has a rich history of operational and service excellence. We are “People Pleasing People” who strive daily to create extraordinary experiences for guests and associates alike. Focused on expanding our U.S. based portfolio of 15 hotels and resorts, our properties are known for their unique character and style.
Our Team is looking for People Pleasing individuals who want to do the following:
· Turn our guest’s ordinary day into an extraordinary day ✨
· Love where they work ✨
· Be appreciated for what they bring to a team ✨
· Learn and grow with a company who truly values it’s people ✨
Grandtastic Perks are waiting for you
About the role
Produce menu items in an appropriate time frame while maintaining or exceeding the standards set forth by the Executive Chef for menu production, kitchen cleanliness, sanitation, and advance preparation.
What will you be doing?
· Oversees and supervises daily line operation.
· Prepares all food items for buffet, banquet and restaurant use according to standard recipes.
· Visually inspects appearance of all food for proper taste, color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal.
· Schedule appropriate number of staff according to daily needs of banquet functions and weekly forecasts.
· Supervise all staff including training, counseling and discipline.
· Ensures proper ordering, receiving and storage of all food items in refrigerators, freezers and dry food storage to maintain product freshness.
· Properly rotates food products in order to keep spoilage and waste to a minimum.
· Ensures that all equipment in work area is properly cleaned and sanitized.
· Performs other duties as required.
What do you bring to the role?
· Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· High School diploma preferred.
· Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
· 2-3 years of experience required in lead cook position.
· Experience with Italian Cuisine.
· Above average knowledge of accepted safety sanitation standards.
· Extensive experience with slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
· Above average mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisitions amounts and portion sizes.
· Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other associates.
WARNING: must be prepared to be a part of guest memories for years to come!
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.