Property Name: Cornhusker Hotel
Location: Lincoln, NE, United States
Requisition #: 240000AX
Create memorable experiences for our guests as a Housekeeping Supervisor at the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel. We only hire those who are at the top of their game and specialize in the details! Guests tell us that they love to visit our property, as a place to connect, celebrate and be inspired! Our teams deliver magic, day in and day out.
Come be a part of history at this Nebraska Landmark! Part of Milwaukee based Marcus Hotels & Resorts, the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel in downtown Lincoln has been serving Nebraska's capital city for nearly 90 years and has evolved as the benchmark for hospitality.
What will you be doing?
· Ensure that all standards of cleanliness and maintenance are consistently met throughout the department by all associates.
· Provide Supervision of assigned Housekeeping associates and areas to ensure job duties are completed.
· Assist with the daily operation of the Housekeeping department and act as manager on duty for the department as applicable.
· Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures, OSHA standards and procedures, Marriott Standards, and key control procedures.
· Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
· Perform manual duties of subordinates as necessary to cover temporary staff shortages.
· Ensure furniture, facilities, and equipment are maintained and in good repair.
· Attend all scheduled mandatory Housekeeping Department meetings, trainings and hotel meetings.
· Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
What you will bring to the role?
· High school diploma or equivalent required college education in related field preferred.
· At least 1 year of prior supervisor experience required, previous housekeeping supervisory experience preferred.
· Must be able to lift, push, pull and or carry up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, lift, grasp, stretch, and use a vacuum and push a cart on a regular and extended basis.
· Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
· Ability to provide clear direction, instruction, and guidance to subordinates in the English language.
· Ability to communicate effectively to associates in a secondary language, bi-Lingual preferred.
· Must be able to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and the ability to work under pressure.
What is in it for you?
· Free well-balanced meal per shift
· Discounts on room rates, dining, golfing, skiing, and spa at Marcus Hotels & Resorts and Marriott worldwide locations
· Free parking
· "Two for one" movie theater coupons at Marcus Theatres
· Career growth opportunities with ability to transfer between properties
· Paid vacation days, annual wage increases, and additional benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, employee assistance program, and retirement benefits, recognition programs, and unlimited employee referral bonus
About Marcus Hotels & Resorts
A division of The Marcus Corporation, Marcus Hotels & Resorts has a rich 60-year history of operational and service excellence. We are “People Pleasing People” who strive daily to create extraordinary experiences for guests and associates alike. Focused on expanding our U.S. based portfolio of 15 hotels and resorts, our properties are known for their unique character and style.
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel/Miller Time Pub & Grill and Marcus Hotels & Resorts are an Equal Opportunity Employer.