Property Name: The Capitol District Marriott
Location: Omaha, NE, United States
Requisition #: 240000BI
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the guidance of the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Marketing Manager will lead the strategy and execution of a proactive, effective and integrated marketing strategy that drives revenue, property recognition, and loyalty. This strategy will cover all channels including online and offline marketing, hotel standards, CRM, social media, traditional PR campaigns on a local (and national level), and advertising (print and digital).
1. Participate in the development and execution of comprehensive internal and external marketing plans for the hotel, hotel restaurants, and the Capitol District focused on traditional and digital advertising, collateral, social media, event marketing, and public relations.
2. Hire, develop/train, and supervise the marketing team, including marketing coordinator and 3rd party agencies.
3. Provides monthly analytics/metrics, reporting on the effectiveness of the strategies. Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity. Review and share data that supports the property’s strategic plans
4. All internal and external marketing for the hotel will be done in keeping with the style, design and professionalism, consistent with Marriott International standard and Marcus Hotels & Resorts specifications.
5. All internal and external marketing for the food and beverage outlets will be done in keeping with the style, design and professionalism, consistent with Marcus Hotels & Resorts and Starbucks Corporate specifications.
6. Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market trends that may lead to changes in strategy to meet or exceed guest expectations.
7. Create and manage press releases as directed by the DOS and/or GM. Should be a minimum of one press release per quarter.
8. Oversee the hotel, restaurants, bars and coffee shop’s social media campaigns, including content creation, scheduling and tracking.
9. Maintain current and accurate information on all web sites associated with the hotels, including but not limited to Marriott.com, vanity site, Social Media Websites and Online Travel Agencies (OTA) sites.
10. Manage the collection and creation of hotel photography for in-house and external use. Working with professional photographers for official hotel and food and beverage photographs.
11. Create and manage sales and promotional material for the hotel and food and beverage outlets including menus, sales flyers, and display signage along with other promotional and collateral materials.
12. Meets established marketing objectives by working with staff to plan short / long term goals; identify problems and implement solutions; and establish policies and procedures.
13. Work with the hotel event team and leadership to plan events to drive brand awareness and interaction.
14. Works closely with revenue management to develop marketing strategies that align with rate strategy and occupancy needs. Anticipates and recommends strategies for need periods and help maximize revenue generation in peak times.
15. Participate in marketing meetings and attend customer events as needed.
16. Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors
17. Determines agencies and suppliers of record, and negotiates contract terms and conditions for major services.
18. Liaison between corporate office, property and outside agencies.
19. Manage all analytical tools and environments to assure proper campaign attribution and proper integration of all hosted and managed campaigns.
20. Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
21. Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
22. Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
23. Monitors competitive products and marketing activities. Anticipates and reports on trends.
24. Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
25. Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer