Property Name: AC Chicago
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Requisition #: 240000BV
At AC Hotels, connecting with our guests, catering to their "on-the-go" lifestyle and helping them feel the unique buzz of a new city depends upon a team of associates whose lifestyles and passions make them a great fit for the brand. We are currently seeking a Part-Time AC Lounge Bartender.
POSITION PURPOSE: AC Bartender (part- time) handles beverage preparation, bar and lounge service, as well as finishing steps of food preparation. They will be serving cocktail, craft beers and local draft wines.
Assist the AC Lounge Lead in the coordination and administration of sales of beverages in restaurants, lounge, and banquets.
Benefits include: Free on-site parking, vacation hour accrual upon hire for eligible associates, travel, dining and movie discounts.
Rate of pay : $13.50 plus tips
1. Assist in the inventory all liquor and supplies in accordance with business needs.
2. Responsible for maintaining stock and adequate set-up of the bar, cutting and storing of all fresh garnishes, juices, and other perishables daily to ensure product quality.
3. Inputs orders into MICROS system at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
4. Locks up and stores all beverage, food, and other equipment items; deposits cash drops; and secures bank.
5. Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by the Beverage Manager.
1. Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
2. Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
3. Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes
4. Minimum of two years food and beverage experience or other beverage experience required. Previous bartending experience is preferred.
5. Must have food handler’s and BASSETT Certification for the State of Illinois.
AC Hotel Chicago is anEqual Opportunity Employer