Property Name: Marcus Hotels - Milwaukee Area
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States
Requisition #: 240000C2
Marcus Hotels & Resorts Milwaukee Market of hotels is actively searching for an experienced and organized individual to become our next Area Sales Coordinator. This crucial role supports the Area Sales team with client inquiries, qualifying leads, processing sales documents, generating and creating reports, managing a sales office and daily operations of each Milwaukee Market’s hotel guest rooms, events and meeting space to ensure overall client satisfaction
Here, you will drive a culture of teamwork, motivating associates to create exceptional guest memories and deliver extraordinary experiences. Be a part of Marcus Hotels & Resorts, where we are dedicated to serving people.
What you’ll be doing:
· Promptly answer telephone calls following Marcus Hotels standards using clear and positive communication. Gather essential information and ask qualifying questions in order to assist or direct caller to the appropriate personnel.
· Prepare communication, reports, presentations and other products by operating Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Assist the sales team with creating professional proposals, contracts, presentations, diagrams, banquet event orders and site tour alerts.
· Process contract turnovers in an accurate, timely manner.
· Conduct site visits as needed on behalf of the sales team
· Assign and log all sales inquiries, run weekly/on demand reports for sales team as well as ability to create new reports from the Delphi.fdc sales operating system.
· Maintains Sales Office by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, managing multiple calendars, designing electronic filing/storage systems, reviewing and ordering supply requisitions, maintaining trade show collateral/items.
· Propose ideas of improvement to the department to enhance the guest’s experience.
· Perform other duties as assigned including project based assignments.
What you’ll bring:
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· High degree of accuracy, thoroughness, organization and attention to detail
· Ability and desire to actively communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers at all stages of the sales process
· Ability to plan work, set priorities and allocate time to ensure work is completed on time and thoroughly.
· Ability to assist the sales team with written proposals and customer follow up
· Delphi.fdc experience preferred
· Ability to adjust to changing conditions, peak workloads, new procedures and duties and work independently.
· Ability to communicate in an effective, positive manner both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, tactful manner both internally and externally.
· Strong multiple-project management skills.
· A free, well-balanced meal every shift
· Room discounts at Marcus Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Branded Hotels and Historic Hotels of America properties
· Discounts at Marcus Hotels & Resorts restaurants, golfing, skiing and spa
· Free parking
· Paid time off
· Medical, dental and vision insurance (offered after 30 days of employment), company-paid life insurance, employee assistance program offer and 401k with employer match
Who we are:
A division of The Marcus Corporation, Marcus Hotels & Resorts has a rich 60 year history of operational and service excellence. We are “People Pleasing People” who strive daily to create extraordinary experiences for guests and associates alike. Focused on expanding our U.S. based portfolio of 15 hotels and resorts, our properties are known for their unique character and style.
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Marcus Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.